December 20, 2017
Champagne Cocktail for Barnes the Elephant Heirloom Pocket Square
Scroll down for Champagne Cocktail Video
Barnes the Elephant Heirloom Part 2. Barnes the Elephant Heirloom was a scarf inspired by my grandmother collection of antiquities and heirlooms, the most cherished being an Elephant ornament from Sri Lanka. If the blue and gold version of the design could be a drink then I believe it would be a Champagne cocktail,
To make this drink you will need:
- 25ml cognac. ( I use Remy Martin 1738 Accord Royal for this drink)
- 1 large bar spoon sugar syrup.
- 2 dashes of angostura bitters. (this is optional)
- 1 dash absinthe. (I like to use Cherry Rocher, another good brand is La fee)
- Roughly 100ml of Champagne. (not the good stuff, if you are buying premium champagne then its best drunk on its own!)
Place the cognac, sugar syrup, bitters and absinthe (optional) into a mixing glass, fill with ice and stir until cold. Strain ingredients into a champagne glass or coupe and top off with champagne. Garnish the drink with a lemon peel.