Who we are
This website is operated by Dalliance & Noble Limited.
Dalliance & Noble Limited ('we' or 'us') are a 'data controller' for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
What information we collect
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you when you register with us or purchase products or services from us. We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback, and compete customer surveys or participate in competitions. This information includes:
- Your name (so we know who you are);
- Delivery address (so we know where to send your order);
- Email address (so we can contact you to confirm your order, advise as to delivery and update you with offers);
- Telephone number (so we can contact you if there is a problem with your order);
- Credit card or other payment details(but only when you are placing an order).
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data and receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices.
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How we use the information about you
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- process your order;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see 'Marketing’ section below;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
- carry out security vetting;
- improve our services; and
- generally make your experience of our Site as simple and enjoyable as possible
We would like to send you information by email regarding exciting new product launches, and special offers which may be of interest to you.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete our online order form for the first time.
If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, you can opt out at any time. Click on the
‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email communications which we might send you.
Who your information might be shared with
We will not share your information with anyone, and will not pass your details on to a third party for marketing purposes. We may contact you with promotions we think might interest you either by post, telephone or email. You always have the choice to opt out of further communications.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us.
What can I do to keep my information safe
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at 4 The Garth, Dibden Purlieu, Southampton, England, SO45 4AB.